L2 Award in Breathwork Coaching
4 months, blended self-paced learning & live zoom sessions
Induction: Monday 14th February 6-8pm
Sundays: 6/3, 10/4, 29/5 – 10-4pm via Zoom
Kate Williams – Counsellor, Breathwork Coach, Yoga Teacher
MBACP (Accred.), Member of IBF
About: 4 months, blended self-paced learning & live zoom sessions
February Course: Induction: Monday 14th February 6-8pm. Sundays: 6/3, 10/4, 29/5 – 10-4pm via Zoom
Course fee: £495.00
Tutor: Kate Williams – Counsellor, Breathwork Coach, Yoga Teacher, MBACP (Accred.), Member of IBF
Our four-month online CPCAB Breathwork Coach Training is an ideal training to fit around your schedule. This course is a blend of 25-hrs of self-paced learning via an online portal and three Sundays via Zoom with your group, plus a one-hour evening induction.
Breathwork is a natural, simple and powerful tool that has the ability to transform your wellbeing. The breath is the only system in the body that we can control and learning to breathe to your fullest capacity can be life changing. What’s amazing about breathwork is that it can calm & soothe, energise and invigorate and generally help maintain homeostasis within the body’s systems. There is a breath for every need and because it’s a system we can control it is a truly empowering and rewarding discipline.
Breathwork is well known for its physical and mental health benefits. Leaders in the field of trauma are also recognising its power of regulating the nervous system and supporting integration of traumatic events. Breathing techniques are given to clients as a resource and I’ve found that by explaining the impact each breath technique has on the nervous system, my clients are more likely to take it on as a regular practice. I’ve experienced client’s trauma and anxiety symptoms significantly reduce, in a short amount of time, after practicing some of the breathing techniques that I’ll be teaching you.
Breathwork is recognised by trauma experts such as Stephen Porges, Peter Levine, Deb Dana, Bassel Van Der Kolk and Arielle Schwartz amongst many others as it is proven to support the bottom up approach to trauma recovery, so working on a somatic level. Breathwork helps to shift stagnant and habitual patterns of relating.
About the course
This breathwork coach training will teach you over 20 breathing techniques that you will be able to teach to your clients: particularly beneficial to clients experiencing anxiety, depression and/or clients working through their trauma. These breathing techniques are simple to learn yet extremely effective. They are safe and accessible and easy to remember.
You will learn:
1) Breath awareness and over 20 conscious breathing techniques
2) The anatomy of the breath
3) The benefit of the breath and breathing dysfunctions
4) The nervous system and it’s relation to the breath
5) Breathwork for hypoarousal, calming and energising
6) Breathwork for regulating and maintaining homeostasis
7) Contra-indications for the different breathwork practices
8) Polyvagal theory and the breath as the golden key for mobilisation and vagal tone
9) Breathwork for anxiety, depression, trauma integration and other issues such as self-harm, bereavement and working with children. Including safety and grounding exercises
10) Observational skills to identify your client’s breathing patterns and dysfunctions, and assessment skills to identify needs and goals for the work
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident in sharing a range of breathing exercises with your clients, confident in assessing breathing dysfunction and confident in tracking bodily responses. The live zoom session will be spent practicing, discussing and sharing experiences with your peers.
If you require additional support due to having a disability or learning need then please see our additional learning policy on our website www.bedfordshiretherapeuticstudies.co.uk/policies Please also contact Kate prior to applying to have a discussion of your needs.
How you will learn
- Your course will start with a live two-hour induction via zoom
- You can then start working your way through the self-paced material, via an online portal:-
a. PowerPoint theory presentations
b. Breathwork instruction and ‘how to teach’ videos
c. Regular guided therapeutic breathwork sessions
d. Quizzes to embed learning
e. You’ll have lifelong access to these online materials
- One Sunday a month you will meet, via zoom, with your group:-
a. To discuss your experiences with peers
b. To ask your tutor questions and go over any material from the self-study
c. To practice teaching each other breathwork techniques
d. To deepen your own breathwork practice through guided breathing sessions
This is a CPCAB Level 2 Award qualification which has minimum assessment requirements in order for you to successfully pass the course:-
- A daily personal breathwork practice
- A final self-review summarising your reflections on your personal breathwork practice x 1000 words
- A clinical case study (case study can be carried out on a peer should you not be working with suitable clients)
- Submission of recording of a range of breathing exercises being explained and taught to another.
Who can apply?
This training is for anyone, however is particularly tailored to those in the helping profession and wish to bring breathwork confidently into their current practice. It will most suit:-
- Counsellors, life coach’s and psychotherapists
- Other professionals: social worker, support worker, yoga teacher/therapist and bodyworkers
It is also a course for those wishing to run breathwork groups and 1-2-1 sessions.
If this field is completely new to you please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the course is suitable for you.
Application process and payment
1) Complete the application form at the link above
2) Pay deposit of £165 to secure your place (or full course fee)
3) Balance of £330 is due one month prior to the start of the course
4) Self-study link will be emailed to you on the start date of the course
It is possible to pay for the course in three instalments of £165 subject to evidence of setting up a standing order at the point of paying a deposit. Screenshot your standing order confirmation and email to email@example.com with your application form.
In order to access this course you will require:-
- A free cloud storage account for your e-portfolio e.g. google drive, drop box, Onedrive
- Capacity to record via Zoom (iPhone & iPad devices do not allow recording however Apple computers & laptops do, as well as PCs) and a willingness to learn Zoom’s features to maximise your learning experience (please contact the centre ahead of applying if this is an issue)
- Between 2.5 and 5 hours a week to work through the self-study material (this will vary depending on your learning style)
- In addition, 10 mins morning and eve for your breathwork personal practice – which will be logged with some brief reflections
- You’ll also be encouraged to practice facilitating breathwork practices with friends and family members so allow additional time for this
- To be able to learn independently and take responsibility for your own learning
- Awareness that this course contains approx. 60% practical & 40% theory. Should you prefer a less theory-based course, our Introduction to Breathwork – for you and your client work may be more appropriate
- Consideration of your support requirements. Breathwork can be deeply powerful and your personal practice may stir up suppressed feelings and memories. It’s advised that you create space in your monthly supervision (and/or personal therapy) to process what emerges for you
For queries, please contact Kate at Kate@bedfordshiretherapeuticstudies.co.uk
Breathwork sessions & workshops
For upcoming 1-hr guided breathwork sessions and 2-hr workshops please click the link below.
What our students say
“This is an incredible course both personally and professionally. There is an explosion of trauma training and materials out there at the moment, but I do feel this course offers a real, quality, accessible, comprehensive, practical bridging gap to go alongside more traditional counselling, which could make a real difference to peoples lives.” Gemma